Marlins to host nine-game homestand against the St. Louis Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers
The Miami Marlins begin a nine-game homestand on Monday, August 11, with a three-game series against the St. Louis Cardinals. Then, the Marlins open a four-game set versus the Arizona Diamondbacks. Following an off-day on Monday, the Marlins host the Texas Rangers for a two-game Interleague series. The Marlins currently own the best Interleague record in the National League this season at 11-4.
During the homestand, the Marlins will celebrate Dominican Heritage Night presented by Dominican Republic Has it All on August 16. Fans who purchase a $25 special event ticket will receive a limited edition Marlins Dominican Heritage cap (based on availability). The Marlins will then celebrate Billy The Marlin's birthday on Sunday. Fans who purchase the party package will enjoy an exclusive pregame celebration, a limited edition Birthday Billy bobblehead and $10 concession credit for food and beverages.
The Marlins will also celebrate Back to School Day on Aug. 17, with the first 5,000 kids receiving a Billy The Marlin Kids Bag Tag presented by Avianca Airlines. The Marlins Wives will also hold their annual drive to help prepare South Florida's less fortunate children with the necessary supplies to head back to school. Fans who donate supplies before the game will receive a Marlins gift. Items will be donated to local children's charities and underserved schools in South Florida.
MONDAY, AUGUST 11- 7:10 P.M. - ST. LOUIS
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Savannah Madison
CEREMONIAL FIRST PITCH: Stuart P. Farbe (Marlins Foundation Donor) and Eddy Gonzalez (Waste Management)
SPIRIT OF '45 NIGHT: For the fourth year, the Marlins will celebrate the "Spirit of '45", commemorating the official end of World War II. On August 11, over 40 WWII veterans will be in attendance at Marlins Park. Interactive activities include vintage military Jeeps and the Spirit of '45 RV on the East Plaza.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 12- 7:10 P.M. - ST. LOUIS
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Colleen Brennan
MACCABI GAMES: Come out to Marlins Park and hang out with other Maccabi Athletes. Be one of the Maccabi Athletes to be randomly selected to become the winners of multiple on-field fan experiences.
FICPA NIGHT: The Florida Institute of CPAs is offering a unique and fun way to earn CPE credit at Marlins Park. The FICPA will be hosting a two hour CPE course prior to the Marlins taking on the St. Louis Cardinals. The FICPA Night package is exclusive for accountants and includes the CPE credit, game ticket and $20 in concession credit.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13 - 7:10 P.M. - ST. LOUIS
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Miss YaYa
CEREMONIAL FIRST PITCH: Antonio Banderas and Kellan Lutz (Expendables 3), Mark R. Trouville, and Xavier Capdevila
OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTA AWARENESS NIGHT: The first ever Osteogenesis Imperfecta Awareness Night at Marlins Park. Please join the Miami Marlins and the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation as we do our part creating awareness for this disease as the Fish take on the St. Louis Cardinals. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation.
HERALD SPOTLIGHT: The Miami Herald will recognize five outstanding youth athletes from across South Florida for their excellence in sportsmanship and classroom conduct in a pregame ceremony.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 14 - 7:10 P.M. - ARIZONA
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Francesca Maurer
FRIDAY, AUGUST 15 - 7:10 P.M. - ARIZONA
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Elizabeth Bedley
CEREMONIAL FIRST PITCH: Carlos Manuel (Cuban recording artist)
ONE SIMPLE WISH: One Simple Wish is an organization that provides foster children the opportunity to have a once in a lifetime dream come true. Through this organization, the Marlins have invited 10-year-old Bryce from Daytona Beach to a Miami Marlins experience. Bryce will attend batting practice, meet players, and attend the Marlins game.
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS PRESENTED BY DUFFY'S SPORTS GRILL
SATURDAY, AUGUST 16 - 7:10 P.M. - ARIZONA
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Elijas (Dominican-American songstress)
DOMINICAN HERITAGE NIGHT: The Marlins will celebrate Dominican Heritage Day presented by Dominican Republic Has it All, as the festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. at the West Plaza. Fans are allowed to bring in their handheld instruments through the 3rd Base Entrance to cheer along with the Marlins Pachanga Band in the stands. All Special Event ticket holders will also receive a limited-edition Marlins Dominican Heritage Cap (based on availability). Packages are only $20.
GOLD STAR PIN FAMILY: Marlins INF Jeff Baker and FOX Sports Florida are teaming up to host and honor Gold Star Pin families. A Gold Star Pin family is one that has lost a loved one in armed battle for the military. The families will have a VIP experience, attend batting practice, be recognized on field, and throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
SATURDAY SPECTACULAR: Following the conclusion of the game, fans are invited to head over to The Clevelander and East Plaza of Marlins Park for a postgame party featuring DJ Red and DJ Junior sponsored by Heineken Light.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 17 - 1:10 P.M. - ARIZONA
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Emily Taylor Kaufman
GIVEAWAY ITEM: The first 5,000 kids, ages 12 and under, will receive a Billy The Marlin Kids Bag Tag presented by Avianca Airlines.
BILLY THE MARLIN'S BIRTHDAY: The Marlins will celebrate Billy The Marlin's birthday and fans who purchase the party package will enjoy an exclusive pregame celebration with Billy and his mascot friends. Each package comes with a limited edition Birthday Billy bobblehead and a $10 concession credit to be used for food and beverages. (Limited Availability)
SPECIAL OLYMPICS DAY: The Marlins will be celebrating Charity Partner Day in support of Special Olympics Florida. The charity will be presented a check for $25,000 during a pregame ceremony.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 19 - 7:10 P.M. - TEXAS
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Vernita Martial
CEREMONIAL FIRST PITCH: Bianca Ingenito
SOCIAL MEDIA NIGHT: The Miami Marlins social media team will host their second Social Media Night of the season. For $20 fans will receive a baseline reserved ticket, a limited edition Marlins Social Media T-shirt, a pregame "selfie" meet-and-greet with a member of the Fox Sports Florida broadcast team and an opportunity to participate in the #MarlinsSocial grand prize sweepstakes, presented by FOX Sports Florida.
TECH NIGHT: Fans are invited to join the South Florida technology community for an evening of networking and baseball. There will be a private pregame party from 5:30 - 7 p.m. located at Terrace 15 inside Marlins Park. Fans are to enter the ballpark through the Home Plate entrance and proceed up the escalator to the Promenade Level. Terrace 15 is behind the Guest Services booth near Section 15.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20 - 12:40 P.M. - TEXAS
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Mica Graff
SUBWAY RESTAURANTS DISCOUNT TICKET PROMOTION: Fans can visit their local participating Subway location to receive a Marlins voucher valid for one $5 ticket in the Home Run Porch or Bullpen Reserved seating areas to any of the following Miami Marlins regular season home games: 8/14, 9/18 and 9/25. Voucher is only valid at the Marlins Ticket Office at Marlins Park (no online component). Maximum of eight (8) vouchers can be redeemed per transaction. One transaction per customer per day.
FISHING FOR TEACHERS: This program unique to the Miami Marlins provides Marlins employees with a distinct way to recognize their most impactful teacher. Teachers selected as winners will be honored on the field at Marlins Park and presented with an engraved bat on Tuesday night games. Fans are encouraged to do the same and recognize their most impactful teacher through Target presents People All-Star Teachers program by visiting allstarteachers.com.
#WHIFF: This season, the Head & Shoulders "Season of the Whiff" is back and smells better than ever. Fans are encouraged to support local RBI Leagues by tweeting #WHIFF and @Marlins for every strikeout they see. The Marlins finished in fourth place for the month of April and received a $5,000 donation from Head & Shoulders to their local RBI League. The Marlins RBI program serves over 400 youth. The Marlins RBI Junior and Senior baseball teams advanced to the 2014 RBI World Series in Texas. Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) is a youth program designed to promote interest in baseball, academic achievement and social responsibility in underserved areas of South Florida.
CELEBRATION CLUB: During every Marlins home game, fans have the opportunity to display a personalized message on Marlins Vision for the home crowd to see. For a $50 donation to the Marlins Foundation, fans can commemorate a birthday, graduation or special occasion on the Marlins Vision jumbotron. Messages will be shown at the end of the 2nd inning. Spots are limited, so it is suggested fans register at least 48 hours in advance by visiting www.marlins.com/celebrationclub.
50/50 RAFFLE: The Marlins Foundation will host the 50/50 Raffle for every Marlins home game. The 50/50 Raffle Program provides fans the opportunity to win 50 percent of the proceeds, with the other half of the proceeds benefitting the Marlins Foundation. Tickets can be purchased from the time the gates open until the end of the 6th inning for a suggested donation of three for $5, 10 for $10, and 40 for $20, at raffle kiosks located at Sections 3, 15 and 27, or from gameday raffle sellers throughout the ballpark. The winning number will be announced on Marlins Vision at the end of the 7th inning. For more information, call 305-480-2550 or visit www.marlins.com/raffles for official raffle rules.
- ALL YOU CAN EAT SEATS: On Mondays, fans can get a $22 Home Run Porch or $32 Lexus Legends Level ticket and take advantage of unlimited Kayem Beef Franks, peanuts, popcorn, nachos, Pepsi soft drinks and Aquafina water. The ticket special will also be available on Saturday Spectaculars, for just $27 in Home Run Porch or $37 in the Lexus Legends Level. Fans will be able to claim their food and beverages from concession stands at Section 205 for the Lexus Legends Level guests and Section 36 in centerfield for the Home Run Porch. The offer is available online, at the Marlins Park Ticket Office, or for groups of 20-or-more by calling 305-480-2523 or visiting marlins.com/groups.
- SOUTH FLORIDA HEROES MONDAYS: All active and retired military personnel, veterans, first responders, military civilians and their spouses and children (up to 4 family members) can take advantage of complimentary tickets for any Monday game. This ticket promotion is only available on the day of the game, beginning two hours prior to the scheduled first pitch. Fans must present a valid ID at the Marlins Park East Ticket Office.
- MONDAY MADNESS: The ticket promotion is exclusive to Monday contests and offers a higher discount for groups of fans (20 or more persons). The offer excludes Premium Seating, Suite Rentals, Bullpen Zone, Budweiser Balcony and Clevelander Seating.
- MIAMI HERALD HALF PRICE TUESDAYS: Fans can purchase tickets in the Lexus Legends Level, Baseline Reserved, Bullpen Reserved and Home Run Porch for half their regular price on any Tuesday home game in 2014. Fans can purchase up to 8 tickets per transaction, online at marlins.com or at the Marlins Park ticket office. This offer is also available for groups of 20 or more by calling (305) 480-2523 or visiting marlins.com/groups.
- KIDS EAT FREE WEDNESDAY NIGHTS: All kids 12-and-under can eat free with a ticket to a Wednesday night game (excludes Wednesday matinee games on May 7, June 18, July 30 and Aug. 20). This promotion is valid for all seating categories in the ballpark. Each child 12-and-under will receive a voucher at the ballpark entrance for a free Kayem Beef Frank, a bag of Frito Lay chips and a small Pepsi soft drink or Aquafina water, redeemable at any Fan Feast or D' Town Favorites concession stand in the ballpark.
- CHEVRON "CRAZY 8'S" TICKET OFFER: Fans get $8 Bullpen Reserved or $18 Home Plate Box tickets to any Wednesday home game in 2014 with the purchase of eight (8) gallons or more from any participating South Florida Chevron station. Fans can present their registered receipt at the Marlins Park Ticket Office to receive this offer or for more details.
- MARLINS CAP THURSDAY NIGHTS: This new promotion is for groups only and will provide fans with a take home gift from their Marlins experience. Fans will receive a Marlins baseball cap for every group ticket purchased (except for April 3 & May 22 games). This promotion excludes premium seating, Suite Rentals, Bullpen Zone, Budweiser Balcony and Clevelander Seating.
- SENIORS FREE TICKET THURSDAYS: Fans, ages 55 and older, can take advantage of this promotion presented by Wellmax Medical Centers and receive a complimentary ticket to any Thursday home game in 2014. Valid identification must be shown at the Marlins Park East Ticket Office at the designated window on the day of game only, beginning two hours prior to scheduled first pitch. Tickets will be based on the best available seating, not to exceed Baseline Reserved.
- GovX BUY ONE TICKET, GET THE SECOND 50% OFF: GovX Members (which include military, police, fire, EMS, first responders and government agencies), can take advantage of a Buy One Ticket, Get the Second 50% Off special offer on all Monday through Thursday home games in 2014 (excluding Opening Night). For more information, see the GovX special offer at marlins.com.
- FIREWORKS FRIDAYS: Fridays will feature a pregame party on the West Plaza, including radio broadcasts and appearances, live music on the stage, Marlins Energy Team performances, sponsor activation areas with interactive displays and entertainment for all ages. Immediately following the game, fans can enjoy a fireworks show over Marlins Park from the comfort of their seats.
- SATURDAY SPECTACULARS: The promotion returns this season and includes a pregame party on the West Plaza featuring live music on the main stage, appearances from the Marlins Sea Creatures, interactive displays and entertainment for all ages. Eight of the 13 Saturday Spectacular home games (7:10 p.m. games only) will feature a post-game party at The Clevelander at Marlins Park, on the East Plaza, with local and regional DJs, drink specials and entertainment for all fans. The remaining five Saturday Spectacular home games (May 24 and 31, June 14, 21 and 28) return the popular West Plaza postgame concerts with national recording artists, plus the Corona Beach House, appearances from The Energy Team and more. A full schedule of artists is listed on marlins.com and marlinsbeisbol.com.
- MARLINS FAMILY SUNDAYS: All 13 Sunday home games will feature appearances with music, games and prizes from Radio Disney AM 990, face painters, interactive games, Selfie Snapshot Sunday photo opportunities with players and more. Fans can get a photo with a Marlins player at Selfie Snapshot Sunday in the New Era Team Store on the West Plaza. All kids 12-and-under can run the bases in Diamond Dash after all Sunday games.
- THE PEPSI 4-FOR-$54 PACK: This ticket special, available for all Sunday games, features packages in the Lexus Legends Level, Baseline Reserved and Home Run Porch. The Pepsi 4-for-$54 Pack includes four (4) tickets, four (4) Kayem Beef Franks and four (4) Pepsi soft drinks, starting at just $54. This promotion will be available online, at the Marlins Park Ticket Office, or for groups of 20 or more by calling 305-480-2523 or visiting marlins.com/groups. Hot dog and Pepsi vouchers will be printed with the tickets and redeemable at any Fan Fest concession stand on the day of the game only. All Marlins Family Sunday home games will also include a Marlins giveaway item. A full list of scheduled giveaways can be found below and at marlins.com or marlinsbeisbol.com.
- BUSINESSPERSON SPECIALS: Groups will have access to a unique ticket special for weekday matinee games. Matinee games are ideal for entertaining clients, hosting meetings or simply enjoying an employee lunch at the ballpark. Each Businessperson Specials group ticket includes $10-$20 in concessions credit or a customized hospitality event suited for your group. This offer is available for weekday matinee games only and excludes Premium Seating, Suite Rentals, Bullpen Zone, Budweiser Balcony and Clevelander Seating.
- COLLEGE STUDENT OFFER: For select games during the 2014 season, students with a valid college e-mail address can purchase tickets in select areas of Marlins Park and receive a special discount off the advance ticket price. This offer is only available for Marlins regular season home games on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.