The Miami Marlins are searching for talented female and male dancers, cheerleaders, gymnasts and break dancers to become part of the Miami Marlins Energy Team. Open auditions will take place at Marlins Park on January 25, 2014.
The Miami Marlins Energy Team is a high-energy squad with a unique mix of gymnastics, hip-hop, acrobatics, modern jazz funk and break dancing. The Team will provide excitement and entertainment during Miami Marlins homes games and appearances throughout the community. All positions are paid.
The Miami Marlins Energy Team will perform at Marlins Park, receive exposure through media, high profile events and community relations and receive extensive training in various styles by the best choreographers and coaches in Miami. All rehearsals, games and community appearances are paid events.
Open Call - Registration Times and Audition Information
10:00 a.m. - Female & Male Dancers - Must have previous dance experience in hip-hop & jazz. Dancers will be taught a hip-hop and jazz-funk combination. Multi-talented dancers are encouraged to demonstrate any acrobatics or exceptional technique within the freestyle portion of the combination. Dancers may be taught more combinations as several cuts may be necessary.
11:00 a.m. - Co-Ed Cheerleaders & Gymnasts - Must have advanced tumbling experience or flying/stunting experience. Cheerleaders & gymnasts must be willing and able to demonstrate skills on a hardwood floor. All flyers/stunters must have a partner at auditions to demonstrate skills. Partner does not need to audition but is preferred. Flyers/stunters will be taught a short combination with different body position options to demonstrate their flying/stunting technique. Gymnasts must have their own tumbling pass or demonstration prepared. Both Cheerleaders and gymnasts will also be taught a short movement combination to demonstrate.
12:00 p.m. - B-BOYS & B-GIRLS - Must have mastered the art of breaking. Break dancers will be placed in groups and individually freestyle in a cipher. Break dancers are encouraged to demonstrate as much technique as possible, (i.e. top rock, foot work, power moves, and freezes). All Break dancers will also be taught a short up rock, locking combination to perform as part of their audition. Poppers, Lockers, and specialty acts are also welcomed to audition during this segment.
Requirements, Rules & Regulations:
- Performers must provide a resume and head shot (non-returnable) during their category registration time. Headshots may be any size; does not need to be a professional shot. A current picture is preferred, and is for identification purposes only.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must complete registration form, liability waiver and image release at auditions.
- Participants are encouraged to arrive ready to perform with dance/performance attire and shoes (non-marking sole).
- Auditions will commence immediately after the registration time for each category.
- May only audition for one category, participants will have the opportunity to demonstrate other skills during their audition.
- If selected for the team, MUST have a flexible schedule for appearances and games.
- If selected for the team, Must live or relocate to Miami and have reliable means of transportation.
- Talent will be judged on performance, showmanship, energy, poise, personality, dance technique, style, personal appearance, physical fitness and professionalism.
Boot Camp / Finals Show:
The Finalists of the Open Auditions will move on to perform at the Miami Marlins Energy Team Audition Finals Show. To prepare for the show, the Finalists will participate in a week of intensive dance, stunting, tumbling, training and conditioning within their genre at the Finals Boot Camp. Along with the boot camp, all finalists will be required to attend an office interview.
Finalists will be issued a Marlins Energy Team Finalist Packet with all the boot camp information including dates, locations, wardrobe and an interview date & time.